Jan 16, 2005

DODGEBALL!!

My favorite childhood passion was rekindled today, when I played about an hour-and-a-half of dodgeball in the basement of MLK High (conveniently about 10 blocks from my place). I responded to a craigslist ad yesterday for a dodgeball league sponsored through Zogsports, and took Zach along for the ride.

My DB skillz were pretty rusty (partly due to my hangover from Ukrainian potato vodka), but it felt great to get back in the game. We all went out for beers afterward, and I'm looking forward to getting to know the teammates more (the captain is a photo editor at the NYT--#8 on my list of dream jobs). Next game is next Thursday, when we play "Balls to the Wall" and "Feun Schnickens."

Game #1 highlight:
Zach "Headhunter" Klein nearly decapitated a poor girl with a 70 mph fastball (she apparently didn't get the "dodge" part of "dodgeball").


Here's the best pic I could muster with my modest Elph:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home