Nov 6, 2004

SS Phantom

I recently caught wind of this truly inspiring homepage (via my brother). It's basically a travel log of a Seattle family that spent over 2 years on the open seas, down the West Coast and then all across the South Pacific. I'm immensely jealous of these two kids.





I could say I'm especially motivated to take such an extended journey now that Bush is reelected, but those sort of people are obnoxious and completely missing the point. If you're so repulsed by another four years of Bush, then why don't you get more intensely involved in the political process of this great country, instead of simply abandoning it?

When the evangelical right felt so repulsed by the social and cultural revolution of the 60s and 70s, they mobilized, organized, and lobbied passionately to push through their political agenda, thus sparking the great conservative takeover of the last thirty years. Such a movement (though detestable by my personal values) is to be admired.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nate said...

Ok, I'm in... for real. If you really want to live on a boat for a couple months just say the words and we can make it happen.

November 8, 2004 at 11:22 AM  
Blogger bodenner said...

the words and we can make it happen!

November 9, 2004 at 8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home